Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Authors Note

             Many people think they can't accomplish their goals in life because they don't have enough courage and confidence because of where they may come from. There are so many gifted people out there that are not being seen by the world because of their lack of dedication and hard work to achieve what they want.  One of the problems of why people are not staying focused is because they may have so many obstacles keeping them from following their dreams. I feel that it would be so much better if those that had dreams and goals were not judged by others just because of where they're from or what they looked like. In a biography about Jay-Z from Rolling Stone the author explains about the not so nice place of where he came from. Jay-Z grew up in the Marcy housing projects, and his father walked out on his mother as a little boy. He then made his money on the streets by selling crack. After, Jay-Z started doing what he does best and rapped one of his very first verses with rapper Jaz-O and from there it got better and better for Jay-Z. Also another man that can be a mentor for this statement is president Barack Obama. Obama didn't have a relationship with his father as a child because his father was attending Harvard at the time, then when Obama was two his parents got divorced. Obama didn't really have much of an experience with his mother because at the age of ten he was sent to live with his maternal grandparents. Although Barack's childhood wasn't the best he still was able  to accomplish amazing things like Harvard, governor, and the first black president. My research has led to my moral which is, it doesn't matter where you came from if you work hard you can still get to where you want. Most of my research is about famous people, so it is easy to get information about them. With their information in my head I was able to come up with a lesson.

           I feel that many people can relate to this issue including me. I want to grow up to be a professional soccer player and play on a great team but where I'm from creates hurdles blocking my dream. In the soccer world all the great teams and players are in Europe, and as for the United States our league is not considered to be any where near the same level of greatness as European leagues. American players rarely get bought by European teams, but I truly do believe that if I work hard I can be a soccer player. In my illustrations I have chosen that the rabbit comes from unfortunate surroundings. As the story goes on different animals start making fun of the rabbit as well as some who help him. The most important illustration is the dish he makes that everybody loves.

          I hope my picture book can give people hope and something to believe in and work toward. I want to encourage people to help each others dreams . I suggest that for all the people who believe that where they're from limits them and defines who they are should forget that and do what it takes to get to where you want to be. I also suggest that people should support each others dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment